Monday, August 9, 2010

Of breakfast buffet and champorad-OH

We are all dietetic sinners; only a small percent of what we eat nourishes us; the balance goes to waste and loss of energy.  ~William Osler

Food. Food.Food! Who doesn't enjoy eating a sumptuous meal at least three times a day right?
What's for dessert?
Bacon, eggs, ham, and pancakes for breakfast; sinigang na hipon, crispy pata, rice, and gelato for lunch; and finally, lasagna,  slice of pizza, spicy wings, and chocolate mousse for dinner---YUMYUMYUM!

Food is one of the basic needs of man aside from clothing and shelter. Without it, we will feel weak, lose focus, and even perform badly. After all, it's because of those vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates that fuel up our body in order for us to function properly.

Of all the three meals, breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. A teacher of mine in science (I forgot who) told us that it only takes four hours for food to be digested that's why we get hungry every four hours or so (or sometimes, even less haha!). Now going back, the reason why breakfast is said to be important is because during the night, our body doesn't have enough supply of food or even water since we're asleep that's why eating heavy breakfast is highly recommended in order for us to make up with loss of our energy and for us to function properly.

I admit that I'm guilty of not eating breakfast properly. I don't know, but I feel weird eating early in the morning...it's like my mouth refuses to let any foreign object enter in. So I ended up most of the time sleeping (after coming from a 10pm-7am shift) with an empty stomach. Tsktsk. 
***
Well, as much as I'd like to be proud of this achievement (since I'm somehow on a semi-diet mode haha) I know that it's not healthy.Even so, I still have no intentions of forcing myself to eat early in the morning and just let things, or should I say food, fall into its rightful place---mouth then stomach in particular order.
                                                                              ***
I love eating just like anybody else. I feast on oily and fatty foods but I make sure I do eat veggies and fruits (no okra and ampalaya though). Too much oily and fatty foods sometimes give me this weird feeling of sudden difficulty in breathing. Tsk. Too much is bad right, so moderation is still the best prevention.

                                                                            ***
Last Saturday after coming from our friday shift, I was with two officemates to try this resto that offers breakfast buffet. In the middle of the week, one of them suggested to have a breakfast buffet. I immediately suggested Somethin' Fishy since I've tried it twice and I was satisfied since they offer good food for an affordable price. The other one said why not try other restos. She's right, why not give it a try? 

And so, after searching in the internet for a couple of minutes, I came across with this resto---Grills and Sizzles. I immediately looked up to their site for info. and found out three important things that interest the three of us: it's located in Examiner St., opens as early as 6:30 am, and breakfast buffet meal at P139 only---PERFECT! 

We'll eat like pigs the next day for sure.

We arrived in the place past 9 because of some events. The place was quite cozy and was not that crowded. I was quite disappointed with the food choices me simply because when I "researched" about this resto, they serve I think at least eight viands but when we got there, there were only six---no tapa and longganisa though =( The staff also didn't refill some the platter of tuyo. Bacon's overflowing, the scrambled egg is just right, the bangus is good, and the garlic rice is tolerable considering I don't eat garlic rice.

But the highlight of my dining experience is tadah----champorado! A champorado lover that I am, I was excited upon reading the reviews of customers of how the resto's champorado tastes delicious. I am not disappointed. It's good...fantastic...extraordinary...unique...the best... ORGASMIC lol!
We finished just in time for the 10:30 promo cut-off and oh boy I am very very full!Two rounds of rice (well, okay it's just half-half serving of garlic rice so that makes a cup...not bad since I really hate garlic rice), bacon strips, scrambled eggs, bangus belly, and two cups of my all-time fave breakfast---CHAMPORADO. Now, if I'll be served champorado everyday, I won't hesitate eating breakfast regardless of how early it will be given to me...champorado's got a special place in my stomach :))

No comments:

Post a Comment