Thursday, August 12, 2010

Straight to the stomach

"Life is so brief that we should not glance either too far backwards or forwards...therefore study how to fix our happiness in our glass and in our plate." -Grimod de la Reynière (1758-1838)
 
First things first, I'm not converting my personal blog to a food blog since this short entry concerns my so-called "happy food" for the week nor am I going to review these foods...I just want to share them. It just happened that for the first time in my blogging life I made two consecutive entries about food.
 
Anyway, what about my so-called "happy food?" I find it amazing how a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a warm bowl of bulalo brighten up your gloomy mood. It's amusing how our favorite food affects our emotions especially if we feel depressed, down, or simply sad. It's as something magical happens everytime we eat food, especially our fave ones. 
 
Okay, on with my "happy food" for the week:
 
1. Nestle Chuckie. Brings back childhood memories right?It's that chocolate drink that I enjoyed sipping during recess...it's that drink that my yaya Flor bought me everytime she gets her sweldo.  I love chocolates, the reason why I am crazy about this drink... until now. Ah, I love it being served literally ice cold! I always go gaga everytime I bought one in Mini-Stop or 7-11 before going home. It's pure bliss for me.
 
2. Nescafe Iced Moccha Coffee. Since I don't want to drink hot coffee at 2 or 3 am, I'm glad that iced mocchas in cans are being sold, again in the nearest convenience store available in the office. It's a perfect company to keep me awake considering my work schedule.
 
3. All-beef shawarma. I only realized that I'm craving for one last Monday hehe. It's been a while since I last bought a good shawarma. By the way, I'm not a shawarma fan at the start since I hate those onions and other stuffs that comes along with it but the all-beef option changed my mind.
 
4. Chick pops in Chicks Rule. My curiosity about the food's taste also ended Monday night. For months, the small kiosk opened in ABS-CBN's Loop and yes, I'm quite curious with the store's offering. So after months of waiting, I finally was able to taste its chick pops!yey! The chick pops are similar to KFC's hotshots...I love hotshots and the idea of coming up with a chick pops is a good alternative since there's no near KFC in the office. Curiosity, satisfied. ayus!
 
5. Brooklyn Pizza + 1.5l Coke + free buffalo wings. This is the ultimate "happy food" of my week. We took advantage of this promo and oh boy, I extremely enjoyed its 14 inch white pizza and spicy buffalo wings! Plus, I also got excited with the thought of coke finally entering my body haha! I somehow abstained from this carbonated drink since it's unhealthy and it just adds to additional calories in the body lol. I feel "high" while eating, I swear!  Definitely, good choice, good decision, good mood :)
 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment